Wednesday 31 July 2013

20 things a Mother should Tell Her Son

  • TWENTY THINGS A MOM SHOULD TELL HER SON

    1. Play a sport.
    It will teach you how to win honorably,
    lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage y...our time
    and stay out of trouble.
    And maybe even throw or catch.

    2. You will set the tone
    for the sexual relationship,
    so don't take something away from her
    that you can't give back.

    3. Use careful aim when you pee.
    Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.

    4. Save money when you're young
    because you're going to need it someday.

    5. Allow me to introduce you
    to the dishwasher, oven,
    washing machine, iron,
    vacuum, mop and broom.
    Now please go use them.

    6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.

    7. Don't ever be a bully
    and don't ever start a fight,
    but if some idiot clocks you,
    please defend yourself.

    8. Your knowledge and education is something
    that nobody can take away from you.

    9. Treat women kindly.
    Forever is a long time to live alone
    and it's even longer to live with somebody
    who hates your guts.

    10. Take pride in your appearance.

    11. Be strong and tender at the same time.

    12. A woman can do everything that you can do.
    This includes her having a successful career
    and you changing diapers at 3 A.M.
    Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.

    13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir"
    still go a long way.

    14. The reason that they're called "private parts"
    is because they're "private".
    Please do not scratch them in public.

    15. Peer pressure is a scary thing.
    Be a good leader and others will follow.

    16. Bringing her flowers for no reason
    is always a good idea.

    17. It is better to be kind
    than to be right.

    18. A sense of humor
    goes a long way
    in the healing process.

    19. Please choose your spouse wisely.
    My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me
    spending time with you and my grandchildren.

    20. Remember to call your mother
    because I might be missing you.

    Author of this unknown to me.




    Dear Logan, YOU ARE LOVED.... for being YOU" sweet wonderful you.  my eternal springtime.

     *´¨(✿◠‿◠)❀ ♫ ☼ ☾*


    Family faces are magic mirrors to me.

    I'm letting go of expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss." - Anne Hathaway
    and 

    "Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." 
    - Pema Chödrön

    Thanks dear Chel for these quotes♥


    Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.

    ~Steve Maraboli

    Thanks dear Wendy for recommending the book The Shoemaker's Wife. Very sentimental title for our family history indeed.   I picked it up from the library right at the corner today.    I know I will love it if you did............I love you my Laotong.  I am having a healthy drink from the blender just like the one you made me.  I love you Wendy McCallum with all my heart♥


    I love and adore all my family and friends and thank each one of you for loving me so well.

    Cheryl special thanks for yesterday.  It meant the world to me.

    (✿◠‿◠)♥.¸¸.•´¯`»✿◕
    You never lose by loving. 
    You always lose by holding back.
    ~Barbara DeAngelis~

    “In the space between yes and no, there's a lifetime. It's the difference between the path you walk and the one you leave behind; it's the gap between who you thought you could be and who you really are; its the legroom for the lies you'll tell yourself in the future.”

    ~ Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart



    "Teach only Love,
    For that is what you are."
    ~ A Course In Miracles 


    Basil Buttermilk Dressing
    • 1/2 cup buttermilk
    • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    • 2 Tbsp. minced onions
    • 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil
    • 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
    • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    • 2 cloves minced garlic
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
    • 1/4 tsp. paprika
    Whisk all ingredients until blended.  Cover and refrigerate for one hour before using.
    I like this tangy dressing packed with herbs. Paprika gives it that smoky taste.

    Tips:

    1. Grill or cook extra cobs when making corn on the cob...its can be used for salads later on in the week. I always butter the corn first prior to placing it on the BBQ using medium heat.
    2. Freshly cooked shrimp is my suggestion, rather than using frozen cooked shrimp.
    3. Drizzle lime juice over avocado to prevent from darkening.
    4. Greek yogurt combined with buttermilk, creates a  consistency for a butter milk dressing that's just perfect.  It's never too runny.  I've experimented with sour cream and mayonnaise and find it's always runny.
    As seen on the fabulous blog
    Mennonite Girls Can Cook
    (Link in my sidebar)



    .•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥ ¸.•*¨`*•.♫.
    ╔════════ ೋღღೋ ════════╗
    HAPPY ೋWEDNESDAY!
    ╚════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ════════╝
    ❤♫❤♫❤.•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥ ¸.•*¨`*•.♫❤♫❤♫❤.

    ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
    ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Please don't waste.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
    ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ your time... on what "could have" been!.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
    ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
    ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment