- TWENTY THINGS A MOM SHOULD TELL HER SON
1. Play a sport.
It will teach you how to win honorably,
lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage y...our time
and stay out of trouble.
And maybe even throw or catch.
2. You will set the tone
for the sexual relationship,
so don't take something away from her
that you can't give back.
3. Use careful aim when you pee.
Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you're young
because you're going to need it someday.
5. Allow me to introduce you
to the dishwasher, oven,
washing machine, iron,
vacuum, mop and broom.
Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don't ever be a bully
and don't ever start a fight,
but if some idiot clocks you,
please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something
that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly.
Forever is a long time to live alone
and it's even longer to live with somebody
who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do.
This includes her having a successful career
and you changing diapers at 3 A.M.
Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir"
still go a long way.
14. The reason that they're called "private parts"
is because they're "private".
Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing.
Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason
is always a good idea.
17. It is better to be kind
than to be right.
18. A sense of humor
goes a long way
in the healing process.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely.
My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me
spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother
because I might be missing you.
Dear Logan, YOU ARE LOVED.... for being YOU" sweet wonderful you. my eternal springtime.
*´¨(✿◠‿◠)❀ ♫ ☼ ☾*
I'm letting go of expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss." - Anne Hathaway
"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know."
- Pema Chödrön
Thanks dear Chel for these quotes♥
Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.
Thanks dear Wendy for recommending the book The Shoemaker's Wife. Very sentimental title for our family history indeed. I picked it up from the library right at the corner today. I know I will love it if you did............I love you my Laotong. I am having a healthy drink from the blender just like the one you made me. I love you Wendy McCallum with all my heart♥
I love and adore all my family and friends and thank each one of you for loving me so well.
Cheryl special thanks for yesterday. It meant the world to me.
You never lose by loving.
You always lose by holding back.
“In the space between yes and no, there's a lifetime. It's the difference between the path you walk and the one you leave behind; it's the gap between who you thought you could be and who you really are; its the legroom for the lies you'll tell yourself in the future.”
~ Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart
"Teach only Love,
For that is what you are."
~ A Course In Miracles
Basil Buttermilk Dressing
I like this tangy dressing packed with herbs. Paprika gives it that smoky taste.
As seen on the fabulous blogMennonite Girls Can Cook(Link in my sidebar)
- Grill or cook extra cobs when making corn on the cob...its can be used for salads later on in the week. I always butter the corn first prior to placing it on the BBQ using medium heat.
- Freshly cooked shrimp is my suggestion, rather than using frozen cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice over avocado to prevent from darkening.
- Greek yogurt combined with buttermilk, creates a consistency for a butter milk dressing that's just perfect. It's never too runny. I've experimented with sour cream and mayonnaise and find it's always runny.
╔════════ ೋღღೋ ════════╗
╚════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ════════╝
❤♫❤♫❤.•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥ ¸.•*¨`*•.♫❤♫❤♫❤.⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Please don't waste.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ your time... on what "could have" been!.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!