Saturday 11 January 2014

Soulful Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXf3lWBl-_g


I love Sting and love this duet with Robert Downey Jr.

Song Driven to Tears

I love music............ a soothing healing balm always


I give Thanks... For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and 

food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends!"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson~


“WHATEVER OUR INDIVIDUAL TROUBLES AND CHALLENGES MAY BE, IT'S IMPORTANT TO PAUSE EVERY NOW AND THEN TO APPRECIATE ALL THAT WE HAVE, ON EVERY LEVEL.” —SHAKTI GAWAIN 


Best Ever Tomato
Soup! Guaranteed.  From an Indigo flyer a few years back


1 Set oven to broil.
2 Mix tomatoes, onions, garlic, oregano and olive oil in bowl
with salt & pepper.
3 Place on baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes. Rotate tray
to char mixture.
GREAT TIP: Fire roasting tomatoes adds smoky flavour
to soup. If you do not have a grill, place tomatoes under
oven broiler.
4 Lower oven to 350˚F. Roast mixture for about 30 minutes.
5 Add canned tomatoes, broth and basil to pot. Bring to boil
and simmer. Add oven roasted tomatoes and simmer for
about 15 minutes.
6 Roughly puree soup. Let cool slightly, then fully puree.
7 Roughly chop basil for garnish. Drizzle with olive oil.
Serves 12
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 55 minutes
6-8 ripe tomatoes,
roughly chopped
2 red onions,
roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves,
roughly chopped
1 28-ounce can,
crushed plum tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
6-8 basil leaves
(keep some for garnish)
salt & pepper to taste


“I didn't know what to think, but what I felt was magnetic and so big it ached like the moon had entered my chest and filled it up. The only think I could compare it to was the feeling I got 
one time when I walked from the peach stand and saw 
the sun spreading across the late afternoon, setting the top 
of the orchard on fire while darkness collected underneath. 
Silence had hovered over my head, beauty multiplying in the air,
the trees so transparent I felt like I could see through
to something pure inside them. My chest ached then, too,
this very same way.” ~Sue Monk Kidd 




Sending you a soulful Sunday

EXPECT to have hope rekindled.
EXPECT your prayers to be
answered in wondrous ways.
The dry seasons in life do not last.
The spring rains WILL come again. -Sarah Ban Breathnach

Each day we are moving closer to SPRING♥  and especially this spring for me it cannot come soon enough with the thoughts of my Son and his family coming I am so excited beyond belief.  I get to meet my precious Logan I will sing to him
we are stardust we are golden and this song too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHjSA1Cf7Q

You are just too good to be true I cannot take my eyes off of you 
You'd be like Heaven to touch
I want to hold you so much♪ ♪
Oh this song I love it so much and love all of Justin Wu's creations.


Eternally waiting for the arrival of Spring and Cherry Blossoms,
birds, sunshine, fresh new beginnings and no winter coats and boots and cold..........Smiles it is coming soon♥


Spring breathes on me with quiet winds that smell of 

roses

and the sun touched dew and with them a message is 


sent

forth of life, joy, beauty and love anew


~Marian Lore Singer



Happiness is not a matter of intensity
but of
balance
order
rhythm
and
harmony
~Thomas Merton~

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.
The world is full of vibrant color. 
Don’t let it lose an ounce of its luster.
Assume this day is going to be good, and it will.
God made it so. ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.
~Max Lucado~

(¯`O´¯) 
*./ | \ .*
.*♥.♥*..Even amongst darkness, 
a light will always be provided for you." .*.☆*. . ¸.˚¯`☆




So often we wait for the Universe to show up and help us make things happen, forgetting that it actually works the other way around. When we show up and take even the smallest of steps, the Universe and the powers that be join in to help keep things moving in the right direction! No matter where you are or how you're feeling, you can take one small step forward today!

Let the spring in your stride banish the winter in your heart♥


“When we fall in love with someone there's a moment when we take a picture of that person, an emotional snapshot, that we carry with us forever. If we're lucky, if we're very, very lucky, the person we fall in love with will always resemble that snapshot.”
― Jim Geoghan

No comments:

Post a Comment