Saturday 18 January 2014

A recipe from a dear friend


a recipe from my dear friend Ilona:

Thank you and everything you share with me is lovely

Below is a delicious recipe for Beef and Orange Stir-Fry that I make from time to time; you can substitute the beef and

oranges for chicken and lemons which is also very tasty.

3 oranges

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons soya sauce

1 1/2 pounds of boneless sirloin or rib-eye steak cut into 1/2 inch thick strips.

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil

6 scallions green parts only cut into 1 inch lengths (I use the whole scallions or sometimes red onions)

White rice for serving

1. Into a small bowl, finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 1 orange. Add the garlic and soya sauce.

2. With a sharp paring knife, peel the remaining 2 oranges. Slice the oranges crosswise 1/2 inch thick, then have the

slices; push out and discard any seeds. Set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, toss the meat with the cornstarch until coated. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large

non stick skillet over high heat. Working in batches (adding more oil if needed), brown the beef on all sides

3 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.

4. Pour the juice mixture into the skillet, and boil until syrupy, about 1 minute.

Return the beef to the skillet; add the orange slices and scallions. Toss until coated and heated through.

Serve hot with white rice.



Enjoy your Saturday


http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-children-photography-elena-shumilova/

☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ 
Laughter is timeless, 
Imagination has no age,
And dreams are forever☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ 
~TINKERBELL~

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Make yourself a blessing to someone.
Your kind smile or pat on the back
just might pull someone back from the edge."
~Carmelia Elliot~
 


(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)☆__ ☆
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ Thankful for today!!
¤ ؛° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ ☆__☆***☆__☆...


 
*╰╮. ≀ .╭╯
. ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣ Have a sunny day dear family and friends ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯) 
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Happiness is not a matter of events, 
it depends upon the tides of the mind.
-Alice Meynell´´¯`•.¸¸.☆
. ☾ ╭╯˙≀˙╰╮*




“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”~Steve Maraboli


valentine food for the thought

Cabbage always has a heart;

Green beans string along.

You're such a cute tomato,

Will you peas to me belong?

You've been the apple of my eye,

You know how much i care;

So lettuce get together,

We'd make a perfect pear.



Now, something's sure to turnip

To prove you can't be beet;

So, if you carrot all for me

Let's let our tulips meet.

Dont squash my hopes and dreams noe,

Bee my honey, dear,

Or tears will fill potato's eyes

While sweet corn lends an ear.



I'll cauliflower shop and say

Your dreams are parsley mine.

I'll work and share my celery,

So be my valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment