Monday 7 April 2014

Happy Monday

 -The Prayer
 After taking my nieces ages 6 and 4 to church every Sunday for about
 six months, I often wondered if they knew how to pray or if they even
 new what prayer was all about. Sometimes I thought they liked to
 attend just to hit the local McDonald's on the way home and that my
 efforts to instill a bit of spiritualism in their lives was all in
 vain.

 One evening my sister invited me to her home for dinner, and Alexxa,
 who is 6 years old, asked to say a prayer before dinner. She started
 by thanking God for the dinner, then thanking him for her parents her
 sister her friends. She kept on with the prayer thanking God for the
 birds, the trees, nature, the animals, rainbows, angels and just about
 anything that she could think of. She kept on thanking him as if she
 were on stage giving a performance. Just when I thought it was here
 way of taking up talk time at the dinner table, and we were all
 hungry, ready to cut her off........to my amazement, she said "Oh and
 by the way God, if there is anything at all that I can do to help you
 out, please let me know".

 I wanted to laugh and I wanted to cry at the same time, because at
 that very moment I knew that all the Sundays and all the Happy Meals
 meant something. And more importantly this little six year old
 reminded me of something that I had forgotten as well. We always turn
 to prayer in times of need and also to say a word of Thanks, but how
 many times to we as adults ask God to let us know what we can do for
 Him?

 I guess that adults are not the only ones who are the teachers, and
 sometimes we can learn and be reminded of important things too.

 - author unknown

Sent to me by my sweet friend Havi
Thank you
Love you



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ
Gratitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZGghmwUcbQ

Kindess is the highest form of wisdom


Happy Birthday to my dear friend Dani

and my fabulous brother in law Paul's brother Patrick

My blessings of the most richest kind be bestowed to you both.

(¯`•♥•´¯)☆
*`•.¸(¯`•♥•´¯)¸.•♥♥•
☆ º ` `•.¸.•´ ` º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`•♥ ... ... ♥•♥ ... ... ♥•...
W I S H I N G ~ Y O U ~ A ~ B E A U T I F U L ~ D A Y
♡❤♡







From a greeting card I scanned that arrived for the welcome of Spring
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Spring?

Spring is the Queen of all Seasons.


One Crocus...

One Robin...

One Bee...

Can

Start

a

Spring...

you'll

see!

~Joan Walsh Anglund






Thanks Mary Jane for this prayer
I love you dear friend

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day,

I thank You for my being able to see

and to hear this morning.

I'm blessed because You are

a forgiving God and

an understanding God..

You have done so much for me

and You keep on blessing me.

Forgive me this day for everything

I have done, said or thought

that was not pleasing to you.

I ask now for Your forgiveness.

Please keep me safe

from all danger and harm.

Help me to start this day

with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.

Let me make the best of each and every day

to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Please broaden my mind

that I can accept all things.

Let me not whine and whimper

over things I have no control over.
And give me the best response

when I'm pushed beyond my limits.

I know that when I can't pray,

You listen to my heart.

Continue to use me to do Your will.

Continue to bless me that I may be

a blessing to others.

Keep me strong that I may help the weak...

Keep me uplifted that I may have

words of encouragement for others.

I pray for those that are lost

and can't find their way.

I pray for those that are misjudged

and misunderstood..

I pray for those who

don't know You intimately.



I pray for those that don't believe.

But I thank You that I believe

that God changes people and

God changes things.

I pray for all my sisters and brothers.

For each and every family member

in their households.

I pray for peace, love and joy

in their homes; that they are out of debt

and all their needs are met.

I pray that every eye that reads this

knows there is no problem, circumstance,

or situation greater than God.

Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.


I pray that these words be received

into the hearts of every eye that sees it

in Jesus' name. Amen!




Make A Wish!
⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
/▌*˛˚ ░M░A░K░E░ - ░W░I░S░H░ ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ♥♥" Happy Birthday 



Roasted garlic mushrooms

16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
75g unsalted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
50g fresh breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. lovely post ♥
    thank you for posting the roasted garlic mushroom recipe ~ I will definitely make that :-) always think of you when I make the bird seed wreath from the recipe/directions you posted long ago :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings and much love
    X0X0

    ReplyDelete