Saturday 7 December 2013

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!






,-, * ´`'*°★ ´`'*°★ ´`'*°★
/.( (͡๏̯͡๏) ´`'*°★
\ { ( , ,)
`-`★.¸¸. •°*”˜☽☆* ✲♥☽´`'*°★ ´`'*°★
´`'*°★

Yesterday I went to Sts. Vlaadmir and  Olga church to pick up home made cabbage rolls and perogies

On my way out of the vehicle a wise old owl was sitting in a tree near me and it turned its neck around and gazed at me for the longest time. 

I had a stressful morning in many ways and it was almost like a sign from Heaven.



This is pretty much how the owl looked only much bigger............

It was very touching to me................


The Wise Owl
The wise old owl
Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,
The less he spoke.
The less he spoke,
The more he heard.
Why can't we be like
That wise old bird?

-----------------------------------------

One wise owl sitting in a tree
Hooted to another, "Come sit with me."
Two wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to one more, "Come let's be three!"
Three wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to a fourth, "Come quietly."
Four wise owls sitting in a tree
Hooted to a fifth, "Join our family."
Five wise owls sang "Whooo, whooo, whooo!"
And before you knew it, away they all flew!

-----------------------------------------

Five Little Owls
Five little owls in an old elm tree,
Fluffy and puffy as owls could be,
Blinking and winking with big round eyes
At the big round moon that hung in the skies.
As I passed beneath, I could hear one say, 
"There'll be mouse for supper, there will, today!"
Then all of them hooted "Tu -whit, Tu-whoo!"
Yes, mouse for supper, Hoo hoo, Hoo hoo!"

-----------------------------------------

I Talk With the Moon
I talk with the moon, said the owl
While she lingers over my tree
I talk with the moon, said the owl
And the night belongs to me.

I talk with the sun, said the wren
As soon as he starts to shine
I talk with the sun, said the wren
And the day is mine.

-----------------------------------------

An owl sat alone
On the branch of a tree
And he was as quiet
As quiet could be.
His eyes were open,
And round like this: OO
He looked all around,
Not a thing did he miss.

Some children crept up
To the branch of the tree
And they were as quiet
As quiet could be.
Said the wise old owl
"Too wooh! To wooh!
Then up jumped the children
And away they flew!

-----------------------------------------

Wise Mister Owl,
Keen as he can be,
Quietly watches
From up in his tree.
Suddenly he spies
A fine tasty treat,
Far off in a field,
Ah, something to eat!

-----------------------------------------

Four Little Owls
Four little owls sitting in a tree
The first one said, "Whoo look at me."
The second one said, "We have very large feet."
The third one said, "We also eat meat."
The fourth one said, "Come on, let's fly!"
Away they went, high up in the sky.

-----------------------------------------

Mr. Owl
I saw an owl up in a tree
I looked at him and he looked at me.
I couldn't tell you about his size
For all I saw were two big eyes.

In spite of the challenges life presents us it brings to us much beauty and magic.
Don't forget to look for that as well.

Owl poems as found on the blog




“The world is full of magic things, 
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ~ W.B. Yeats

"If you send out goodness from yourself, 
or if you share that which is happy or good within you, 
it will all come back to you multiplied ten thousand times. 
In the kingdom of love there is no competition; 
there is no possessiveness or control. 
The more love you give away, the more love you will have.” 
~ John O'Donohue, 


“Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.”


― Rabindranath Tagore


This above photograph and the information below on the Christmas Santa in South Korea is from this blog link

But South Korea does have its own Santa Claus. He’s called Santa
할아버지, which translated is Grandfather Santa. Might be dressed like a Western Santa in a red suit, or you might see him in a blue suit. A couple of years ago we found this figurine of Santa 할아버지 on eBay, and he’s become a party of holiday Santa display.
He’s wearing a traditional 갓 (gat), which is a tall hat worn by some men during the Joseun Dynasty. The 갓 protected the topknot hairstyle that men of status wore during this time. But Santa’s hair is hanging long down his back.
I╰ღ ╮(¯`v´¯)
ღೋ``•.¸.•´.."Kindness in words creates confidence. 
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. 
Kindness in giving creates ԼƔЄ ♥♫♥ ” ~Lao Tzu

¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★ [̲̅L̲̅][̲̅O̲̅][̲̅V̲̅][̲̅E̲̅] [̲̅L̲̅][̲̅O̲̅][̲̅V̲̅][̲̅E̲̅] [̲̅L̲̅][̲̅O̲̅][̲̅V̲̅][̲̅E̲̅] 
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* Love 
May a thread of comfort be woven 
through your difficult days.
~Mary Anne Radmacher~



Moose in a Maple Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment