Friday 11 October 2013

Thankful

There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about and desiring things. Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
- Epictetus

Dear God I am so very thankful for a bountiful of blessings you abundantly place before me
Family, friends faith and kindness beyond belief.

I am blessed beyond belief and I thank you and all the glorious people in my life who love me so well.

There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about and desiring things. Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
- Epictetus


ღ•ʚįɞ✿ღ
(✿◠‿◠)❀
.•´*.•´*¸¸.•♥*


Everyday Thanksgiving
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the
alarm ring's each morning,
Thank you, Lord, that I can hear
There are those who are deaf.


Even though I keep my eyes closed tightly against
the morning lights, as long as possible.
Thank you, Lord, that I can see.
There are those who are blind.
 

Even though I huddle in ray bed and put off the physical
effort of rising,
Thank you, lord, that I have the strength to rise.
There are many who are bedfast.
 


Even though the first hour of my day is hectic;
When socks are lost, toast is burned, and tempers are short,
Thank you, Lord, for my family.
There are many who are lonely.
 


Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures
in the magazines, and the menu is sometimes unbalanced,
Thank you, Lord, for the food we have,
There are many who are hungry.
 


Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,
Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work,
There are many who have no work.
 


Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day,
and wish my modest circumstances were not quite so modest
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of life,


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend everyone.
Treasure your blessings and treasure those you love.

Thank you for the food we eat
Thank you for the world so sweet
Thank you for the birds that sing
Thank you God for everything


♥♥
Be understanding to your perceived enemies.
Be loyal to your friends.
Be strong enough to face the world each day.
Be weak enough to know
you cannot do everything alone.
Be generous to those who need your help.
~unknown~


2 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving weekend Jeanne - enjoy the special time and really we do have so much to be thankful for.
    Sending love and hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings my lovely friend. Thankful for you always
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete