Thursday 22 May 2014

Every Picture Tells a Story















Photographs taken in Utah by my Son  They are enjoying their mega adventure immensely


I read this on Facebook



Image of peonies found on a google search



For those that have peonies in your gardens..
In late spring, just before the swelling buds open into luscious, pink, frilly flowers.....
The ants come marching, one by one....
I always wondered why these tiny black creatures covered every single bud on every single bush, leaving all the other flora alone...
Well, it turns out the buds excrete a sweet nectar during the budding stage and the ants eat that up, along with other harmful insect to the plant.
And I just read that if the ants don't dine on the sweet nectar it turns into a waxy covering over the bud and it will not open into the beautiful, fragrant bloom....amazing, !
I remain in constant awe as to how our God has thought of everything...
Even to the flowers of our gardens.



In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
~ Abram L. Urban 

"The arms of May are flower filled
With blossoms April showers spilled.
Bright, rainbow-colored gifts of spring
Arrived at her awakening.

The arms of May are sunshine kissed;
Her days could charm a pessimist.
Her flower fashions now unfold,
Revealing shades of pink and gold.

The arms of May hold springtime scenes
Of grass and leaves of lushest greens,
Oh, let me be a stowaway
And linger in the arms of May."
~In the Arms of May by Nora M. Bozeman



Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come. - Author Unknown
"Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts. Each time we drop our complaints and allow everyday good fortune to inspire us, we enter the warrior's world." ~ Pema Chodron


"If we want to raise loving, kind, compassionate, helpful, respectful, human beings who can exhibit self-control and emotional regulation, well then, that's exactly who we have to be." -- Sarah MacLaughlin, LSW ofWhat Not To Say: Tools for Talking with Young Children


http://www.dose.com/lists/2715/23-Photos-Of-People-From-All-Over-The-World-Next-To-How-Much-Food-They-Eat-Per-Day

Food for thought


http://blog.flickr.net/en/2014/05/20/awe-inspiring-landscapes/


I’m now nearly 79. At 16 I took responsibility for Tibet and lost my freedom. At 24 I lost my country and became a refugee. I’ve met difficulties, but as the saying goes: ‘Wherever you’re happy, you can call home, and whoever is kind to you is like your parents.’ I’ve been happy and at home in the world at large. Living a meaningful life isn’t just a matter of money; it’s about dedicating your life to helping others.
Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment