Tuesday 17 September 2013

My Cousin Wendy's Recipe


Me and my cousin Wendy at the far end of the table
at my cousin Darlene's home at Christmas



An autumn collage mostly made from photographs on Flickr
none of them being mine



A big big holiday this week in Korea Chuseok
very similar to our Thanksgiving

Wishing all my loved ones and everyone a very blessed Chuseok Holiday

This year, the holiday falls on September 19th; both of the days preceding (September 18th) and following (September 20th) Chuseok are also counted as holidays. The Chuseok holidays this year are followed by the weekend, thus making it a five-day holiday.
During the Chuseok holidays (September 18 to 22), there will a variety of traditional events taking place at major tourist attractions in Seoul. Several tourist spots where people can experience traditional aspects of Korea such as Deoksugung Palace, Namsangol Hanok Village, Korean Folk Village, and National Folk Museum of Korea, plan to host Chuseok-related events. Moreover, Korea’s major amusement parks including Lotte World, Seoul Land and Everland will also offer Chuseok events for visitors.


We had such a fabulous time at my lovely cousin Wendy's gorgeous home on Sunday and she made this delicious recipe.

I wanted to share it with you

Kiss the cook often and season everything with love.



My Cousin Wendy's  Delicious Recipe

Garlic Lemon Chicken
6 Tbsp olive oil
2 lemons thinly sliced; one juiced (I used more because I separated the chicken from the veggies in separate pans)
2 cloves garlic- minced
salt & pepper to taste
3/4 lb trimmed green beans
8 small red potatoes-quartered
4 chicken breasts (I made 6)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking dish (or dishes) with approx. 1 Tbsp olive oil
Arrange lemon slices I the bottom of the dish/dishes
Combine 5-6 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper (I omitted and just shook a tiny bit on top of each dish)
Add green beans & toss to coat. Remove with slotted spoon and arrange green beans on top of lemon slices. Add potatoes to same olive oil mixture & toss to coat. Remove with tongs and arrange around sides of dish or skillet on top of green beans. (I put potatoes around the sides of the dish & green beans in the middle. .. .looked pretty)
Place chicken in same bowl with olive oil mixture and turn chx breasts to coat thoroughly. Place chx in dish & pour remaining olive oil mixture on top (I also squeezed another lemon on top and then added a small amount of salt & pepper) The recipe calls for placing the chx on top of the veggies. .. .but, I'm one of those people that like to keep meat & veggies separate)


Roast for 50 min. (I covered with foil. . .don't think I was supposed to. .. then browned the chicken for an additional 15-20 minutes)


Enjoy your day in every way

No comments:

Post a Comment