Thursday 21 June 2012

Love is


My late beloved Mother
and my Precious Grandmother on the back porch
Circa 1950's  the home where
I grew up in.
Nostalgia is such a comfort
and wonderful memories makes our hearts
happy♥

Don Draper: Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved. 

Quote I love from the Show Mad Men
The Wheel Episode 2007
spoken by Don Draper on the show


"Love is a force more formidable that any other. It is invisible.. it cannot be seen or measured.. yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment and offer you more joy than any material possession could." 

~ Barbara de Angelis

2 comments:

  1. I cherish the old family photos, not just my own, but others that are shared...this is a wonderful one! I am now a follower. Love your blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings indeed.
    Thank you sweet friend.
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete