Wednesday 6 June 2012

Grandmothers Creed


Grandmothers Creed

A GRANDMOTHERS CREED
As I hold you in my arms for the first time,
I look down at your innocent face and tell you,
"I am your Grandma" and I tell you what good friends we'll become.


I promise you that My Heart will Always be a safe haven
where my Love for you will know no obstacles.

I will ALWAYS have Faith In You and Believe in You.
My Home will Always Be Your Home.

YOU ARE MY SECOND CHANCE, Sweet Innocent baby.
My Second chance to bake cookies, and watch the
sparkling anticipation in your eyes.
My Second chance to sit and rock a baby to sleep in
my arms, experiencing the tiny heart beating next to mine
as you rest upon my chest.

My Second chance to experience the wonder
of a child discovering he can walk and blow
dandelions into the sky. A Second chance to view
the world through the innocence of a child's heart.
AND THIS TIME, there will be NO Rushing to keep
schedules and Clean the house.
You have the Advantage of My Years and having gained
the wisdom of knowing what's Really Important in Life.

You have the Advantage that I know my place in the world
and that a few cobwebs Don't really matter.
As the Poem goes, You have the Advantage that
I Now know that Babies Don't Keep.

I Promise to the a child with you when you need me
to be and a source of strength when that's what you need from me.

I Promise that you will hear more YES' from me and fewer
No's, BUT I will always honor and respect the place of your
mother and father, into who's care, God has placed you.
I will
Never try to outshine them or diminish their role in your life.
For as Much as I Love You, They Love You More.
We'll grow old together... I'll Just get there a
little sooner. And someday, when I'm gone,
You'll look back upon all the Times we Shared
and you'll Smile. The word "Grandmother"
Will ALWAYS hold a special place in your heart,
just as YOU have Always held one in mine.

(author unknown) 

4 comments:

  1. Love reading this and also seeing pictures of your grandson. My heart yearns to hold me little grandson in my arms come September when he arrives. Next Tuesday I will share pictures of his room waiting for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings and much love to you and your family too.

    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Jeanne ~ Thank you!
    I will copy it down in the journal I am keeping for my little grandbaby :-)
    What a precious little grandson you have ♥ Gorgeous photos.
    I am unable to post on my blog ...I think I may be out of photo space again :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you my sweet friend. I will look forward to your postings again.
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete