Tuesday 31 January 2012

Night With Her Train of Stars

This is one of my most favorite baby cards.
I used to have it at one time I wish I would have kept it.
It is called Night with her Train of Stars
by Edward Robert Hughes
Thank you to my dear friend Judy W for sending me a copy of it via email.
I love this card so much♥

The poor and_the_rich (3) (1) — Presentation Transcript

  • 1. The Difference between Rich and Poor “ Autumn Rose” by Ernesto Cortazar
  • 2.
  • 3. One day, a very wealthy man made arrangements for his son to spend time at a farm. His express purpose was to show the boy how poor-people must live.
  • 4.
  • 5. On his return, the father asked his son, “ How was the trip?" “ It was great, Dad. “Did you see how poor-people live? “ Oh yeah, said the son. “ So, tell me, what did you learn?
  • 6.
  • 7. The son answered: ;I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
  • 8. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.
  • 9. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.
  • 10. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
  • 11. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.
  • 12. We have servants who serve us ……….
  • 13. … . but they serve others.
  • 14.
  • 15. We buy our food….. but they grow theirs.
  • 16. We have walls around our property to protect us; They have friends to protect them."
  • 17. The boy's father was speechless. Then his son added, Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are.
  • 18.
  • 19. Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.
  • 20.
  • 21. Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!
  • 22.
  • 23. Life is too short and friends are too few.
From a beautiful power point presentation my sweet friend Liz sent me.
Love you

☻♥☻
/█\/█\
.||. ||.
My sweet friend Dani posted this song today on Facebook♥
Love this song.
Love you Dani♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne,

    This is beautiful and thanks for sharing - we really do need to appreciate everything we have and our friends. thanks for your friendship and always sharing something nice.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete