Love is all you need.
Photograph taken in Seoul
at Jang Heung Art Park. By my beautiful daughter in law.
Thank you Ahram.
Be not too busy making a living that you are forgetting to make a life.
It is a gorgeous Saturday here, sun shining nice cool breeze. It surely is a slice of Heaven.
Creamy Roasted Garlic-Squash Soup, adapted from Food.com
2 heads garlic
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Earth Balance® Natural Buttery Spread
2 cups diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
3/4 cup diced carrot
4 pounds butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and roughly chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons freshly chopped sage
1/2 cup Earth Balance® Soymilk (unsweetened)
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the garlic heads in half crosswise. Rub the cut surfaces with the olive oil and put back together. Wrap in foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, melt the Earth Balance® Buttery Spread in a large pot over medium heat.
4. Sauté the onions, carrots and celery until the onions are translucent. Add the squash, broth and sage. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
5. Once the garlic has cooled, remove and mash the cloves. Stir into the soup.
6. Purée the soup in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
7. Return to the pot and stir in the Earth Balance® Soymilk.
8. Season with the salt and pepper.
You can also make up some extra roasted garlic using step #2 from the recipe to whip up some garlic bread to enjoy with the soup. Just toast up some crusty French bread, coat with Earth Balance® Natural Buttery Spread then top off with a smear of roasted garlic directly from the bulb. Sprinkle with a bit of salt or dried herbs for a filling & hearty meal!
Recipe taken from this blog.
Thanks to my dear friend Judy for posting this link.