Sunday 8 November 2015

Soulful Sunday

Once upon a time, when God had finished making the world, he wanted to leave behind a piece of His own divinity, a spark of His essence, a promise to man of what he could become, with effort. He looked for a place to hide this precious gift because, He explained, what man could find too easily would never be valued by him.
"Then you must hide this gift on the highest mountain peak on earth," said one of His counselors.

God shook His head, "No, for man is an adventuresome creature and he will soon enough learn to climb the highest mountain peaks."

"Hide it then, My Lord, in the depths of the earth."

"I think not," said God. "for man will one day discover that he can dig into the deepest parts of the earth."

"In the middle of the ocean then, God?"

God shook His head. "I've given man a brain, you see, and one day he'll learn to build ships and cross the mightiest oceans."

"Where then, My Lord?" cried His counselors.

God smiled, "I'll hide it where every man and woman will be able to find it if they look sincerely and deeply enough. I'll hide it in their heart, because that's the place where Love resides..."





Heal well dear Aunt Pearl
Love you 

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ




Logan helping his Dad cook pancakes
Kiss the cook often and season everything with love

My friend Ann has been participating in an A to Z recipe challenge and asking her facebook peeps to share their recipes for the respective letter every day too. Yesterday was “V for Vanilla” and I was SO surprised that I hardly have any posts on my blog featuring vanilla. I shared my recipe for one of our favorite spicy summer beverages, Horchata, which showcases Mexican vanilla … and I shared my sister Robin’s recipe for Luna salad which is topped with these dreamy vanilla candied almonds. But other than that…I really couldn’t think of any other recipes I could share. What is your favorite recipe featuring vanilla?
This morning my daughter Gracie asked if we could have pancakes for breakfast…and I thought, “Why not add a few teaspoons of vanilla to my favorite buttermilk pancake recipe?” Well, let me just tell you…it revolutionized these pancakes. Light and fluffy and scented with delicious vanilla. mmmmmm…. sooooo good!
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 scant teaspoon salt
3 cups buttermilk
3 large eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Mix wet and dry ingredients separately. Heat griddle to medium-high. When the griddle is the right temperature, combine the wet and dry ingredients together just until evenly incorporated. I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to measure my pancake batter. Pour into griddle. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve with butter, powdered sugar and hot, pure maple syrup!

Enjoy!
Above recipe from Chin Deep
Link in the side bar

No comments:

Post a Comment