Friday 13 December 2013

Friday Happy Dance


It's Friday do your Friday Happy Dance
and embrace the start of the weekend................

It's Friday the 13th so be careful out there.

One kind word can warm three winter months. - Japanese Proverb ღ‿ღ



"The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received, but of the spirit of love, the special warmth of Christmas worship, the cherished little habits of the home."

~ Lois Rand



On Lines by Robert Frost

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.

—from "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening"

One night late on my way home from college for Christmas, I was caught in a blizzard without the company of an intelligent guide (I was driving, instead of a horse, a '62 Buick Special). I had passed through the last small town and was halfway between nowhere and Dodge City, Kansas when the road vanished beneath snow and my little car foundered badly. Realizing that no one was going to be passing by until the next day, I got out and started walking. Nothing. Nobody, no thing anywhere. At last the distant light of a farmhouse appeared, the only one, I discovered later, within miles. And if it hadn't been for the family inside that farmhouse, I might simply have frozen to death. As I was walking toward it, I thought of this poem, and I knew that I would be able to keep my promises, and I felt ecstatically liberated. Never have I seen these last lines in "Stopping by Woods" read as liberating rather than duty-bound.

B.H. Fairchild
Claremont, California
~from Poets.org


As shared by my dear friend Dani


Beautiful Christmas elves created by my beautiful friend Dani
Thank you for your magic all year long


ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ϡ₡ღ.¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ϡ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ϡ₡
"Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, 
a time of good cheer, home." ~ W.J. Tucker


Especially this time of year, we need to say “Yes” to some quiet, “think” time. It can be as simple as a walk in the woods, a long soak in the bathtub, or a ride in the country. No matter how stressed or busy or overwhelmed we feel, we all need to create a physical and emotional quiet and calm space to reflect and recharge. The harder it is to carve out a time and place, the more important it is to do. And if it seems impossible, then it's absolutely essential. You don't need to pretend it's a priority; it actually is one.
As read on Facebook





1930: Washington Boulevard


Detroit Michigan

Photograph as seen on Facebook


My late beloved Mom worked at Stouffers on Washington Boulevard for years

but in the 60's and 70's



Enchanting 'Magic Dogwood' (Cornus florida subsp. urbiniana) is a rare Mexican version of the common American Dogwood tree with magical blossoms shaped like Chinese lanterns.






No comments:

Post a Comment